Branson Romantic Getaways

Quality time. Relaxation. Romance.  If these are the goals for a Branson getaway, you’ll find it all at these exquisite lodging choices.

Anchor Inn on the Lake
100 Hurtville Lane, Branson West
(877) 307-9140
www.anchorinnonthelake.com

Enjoy a Tablerock lake sunset from the deck of this exquisite property. Gas fireplaces, two-person Jacuzzi tubs, luxurious beds and spa robes make this a true getaway. Choose from four nautical-themed rooms (the owner is a navy vet), including wedding/honeymoon favorite, the two-story Mediterranean Lighthouse.  This unique space includes a “watch room” with a 360-degree view, private balcony, entrance and bath.  Wake up to homemade waffles and bacon, pecan pie muffins or maybe an egg and sausage strata. Eat at a private table for two or enjoy meeting other guests at the main dining table.  Anchor Inn also has two separate cottages for the ultimate in privacy. Amenities include private hot tub, lofts, private decks, fireplace and kitchen/dining area. Located just a half-mile from the main residence, guests here can make breakfast at their leisure.

Aunt Sadie’s Bed and Breakfast
163 Fountain Street, 417-544-9269
www.auntsadiesbnb.com
So you love the idea of a bed and breakfast but you also love sleeping in. No problem. Aunt Sadie’s delivers the meal to your door at a pre-arranged time. The property includes four separate cottages, each with a private hot tub on a screened-in deck. Most include fireplaces, whirlpool tubs and bathrobes.  Aunt Sadie’s is located in the woods with the feeling of being far away from it all … yet it’s just five miles from town. Special packages and spa treatments are also available.

The Branson House
120 North 4th Street
417-838-8880
www.thebransonhouse.com
With its leather couches and hearty breakfasts (think biscuits and gravy instead of quiche), guys will appreciate staying at The Branson House. There are five rooms available; the honeymoon suite features a two-room Jacuzzi tub and wet bar.  The Branson House is located downtown near Branson Landing. It’s a good choice for those interested in shopping or taking a walk along Lake Taneycomo and seeing the Landing’s Fountain show.

Crystal Cove Bed & Breakfast
635 Compton Ridge Road
417-338-2715
www.crystalcovebranson.com

This rustic retreat is private luxury. Sleep in a king-sized log bed next to a fireplace. Enjoy a Jacuzzi for two, mini-kitchen and more. Each of the seven cabins has a unique theme (train, music, wilderness, etc.). There are honeymoon and anniversary suites designed for romance and privacy.  Enjoy a filling, homemade breakfast near a waterfall and koi gardens. Meals vary but may include apple cinnamon stuffed French toast, eggs benedict or biscuits and gravy.  Many guests enjoy fishing off of Crystal Cove’s private dock, hiking or taking a ride in one of their paddle boats. Campfires are also available for enjoying smores and a beautiful night sky.

Chateau on the Lake
415 N. Highway 265
417-334-1161
www.chateauonthelake.com

This stunning European-style hotel sits on a bluff overlooking Tablerock Lake. The ten-story sky-lit atrium feels like a peaceful foray into nature. It features trees, a waterfall, stream and koi pond and a glass elevator.  Luxurious bedding includes feather pillows, plush mattresses and down comforters. Other amenities include indoor and outdoor pools, tennis courts, a fitness center with lake views, movie-theater and ice cream shop. There’s also a nature trail for hiking. Picnic lunches can be ordered in the hotel deli for those wanting to spend a little longer in the outdoors. Finally, a full-service marina is on-site. They have everything from fishing necessities to boat slips and rentals, paddlesboats, canoes, parasailing, scuba diving and more. There’s even a 48-foot sailing catamaran available for rent… perfect for family reunions or other group events. The Chateau’s spa is a must for a romantic and relaxing experience. It features an indoor/outdoor heated whirlpool overlooking the lake, a sauna, eucalyptus steam rooms and relaxation lounge. Pampering services include massage, facials, a barber spa, manicures and pedicutres, paraffin treatments and hair services.

Mabee Lodge
Keeter Center
1 Opportunity Avenue
Point Lookout, MO
417-239-1900
www.keetercenter.edu

Located just a few miles south of Branson, Keeter Center’s Mabee Lodge is Trip Advisor’s #1 small hotel in the nation. It also ranks in the top 25 when it comes to service. What makes this truly amazing is the place is run by college students! Keeter Center is part of the prestigious College of the Ozarks campus (a place where students work for their tuition, graduating debt-free).  The Keeter Center is a thoroughly rustic lodge… a recreation of Dobyn’s Hall, an exhibition building brought here from Maine after the 1904 World’s Fair. (The original one burned to the ground in 1930.)  There are fifteen suites, all with fireplace, microwave, robes and in-room breakfast. Most include two-person jetted tubs. Turndown service is included along with cookies and milk produced from the college’s own dairy.  Beyond the plush lodging, Keeter Center is home to Dobyn’s Dining. Many of the restaurant’s ingredients are raised right on the college’s campus. Enjoy a romantic meal on the deck followed by a stroll down Lookout Point.

Red Bud Cove B&B
162 Lakewood Drive
Hollister, MO
417-334-7144
www.redbudcove.com 

Three honeymoon suites are part of this highly-rated bed and breakfast. Each has its own fireplace and two-person whirlpool tub. (The popular Indiana suite’s tub is in the middle of the living room!) Fresh flowers are included in each of the rooms. Located on Tablerock Lake, Red Bud Cove is close to many of the area’s favorite locations, including Dogwood Canyon, Top of the Rock and College of the Ozarks. Several packages are available which include lodging, show tickets and dinner at some of Branson’s top restaurants.  Breakfast always starts off with fresh fruit, pastries and coffee. Baked French toast with sausage or ham is a guest favorite. Dine at a table for two or enjoy the company of other guests.